Don’t be hesitant to wear falsies because you think they’re difficult to apply falsies make you feel great when you wear them, so let us help you feel great about applying them. Follow these tips and tricks on how to get a perfect lash application the first time, every time.
What Are Falsies?
Falsies are fake strip eyelashes either applied with lash glue or magnetic liner. False lashes are full of length, volume, and texture, and they add glam to any style. People wear falsies to accentuate their natural beauty, and when their natural lashes are sparse or shorter than they’d like. Falsies replace the use of mascara, add drama, and are just fun to wear!
How To Apply Falsies
Some people are hesitant about applying falsies because they’ve had difficulty in the past with the application process. Don’t let that stand in that way of fabulous lashes! Doe Lashes specialize in falsies, so we are going to give you the tips and tricks you need to get the perfect lash application every time, the first time.
1. Perform a Patch Test
First things first, always perform a patch test before you use any new cosmetic product around your eye area if you have sensitive eyes or are concerned about the ingredients. Wait, what’s a patch test?
A patch test is when you apply a small amount of the product you are testing to a discreet area of the skin, usually the forearm or behind your ear. It may sound strange, but this test helps you determine whether or not you are allergic to the product. This test is especially important for eye cosmetics because no one wants an allergic reaction near or around their eyes.
To perform your patch test, simply apply a tiny bit of the lash glue or magnetic liner to the area of skin you choose for the test, and wait 24 hours. If no redness, itching, or other allergic reaction occurs, you’re good to go!
Allergic reactions are rare, but they do occur. A patch test prevents embarrassing reactions from becoming the focus on your face, rather than those fabulous falsies.
2. Lash Prep
Before you get started on attaching those gorgeous lashes to your lash line, it’s important to take a few simple steps to ensure safety and prevent eye irritation. Keeping your tools, hands, and workplace clean is crucial.
- Perform your patch test 24 hours before applying the lashes
- Wash your hands to prevent to spread of germs and eye irritation. Make sure you wash up right before the application process.
- Clean your tools- Wash your tweezers and lash applicator before using them to assist you in the lash application process. Warm, soapy water will do the trick.
- If your lashes are naturally long, there’s no need to apply mascara before applying the falsies.
- Curl your natural lashes with an eyelash curler so that they blend well with the falsies.
3. Trim Falsies if Necessary
Remove the lashes from the box by gently pinching them on the lash band, and pulling from one corner to the other. Never remove them by pulling the lash fibers, and always save the box for storing your lashes after use.
Place the lashes on your upper lash line to make sure they fit the natural length of your lash line. If they are too long, carefully trim the lash band from the outer corner, with lash scissors. Trim less than you think you may need to trim. Remember that you can always remove more later if necessary.
4. Apply Lash Glue or Magentic Liner
The lash glue or magnetic liner will ensure a secure lash fit to your natural lashes. If your falsies do not have magnets attached to the lash band, then you must use lash glue. If the lashes do have magnets, then you must use a magnetic liner. Never switch glue for magnetic liner and vice versa for each lash type.
- Apply Lash Glue: Squeeze and drag the lash glue applicator across the lash band, depositing glue onto all areas of the band, especially the corners. Allow the glue to set on the band for about 30 seconds until it becomes tacky.
- Apply Neo-Magnetic Liner: Shake the liner bottle to activate the magnetic properties. Next, apply the Neo-Liner to your upper lash line as you would apply liquid liner. Make sure that the liner application is the width of the magnets on the lash band. Remember that the lashes will adhere to this liner, so make sure you apply enough for the magnets to grip onto. Allow the liner to sit for ten seconds before applying the lashes.
5. Apply the Lash Band
Finally, it’s time to apply your fabulous Doe Lashes! After you’ve applied the glue to the lash band, or magnetic liner to your lash line, it’s time to get those lashes in place.
- Falsies with Glue: Grab the lash band with the lash applicator and look into a mirror. Place the lash band as close to your natural lash line as possible. Attach it in the center first, then attach the corners. Press your natural lashes into the falsies with the lash applicator to make them blend together. View our tutorial with Magdeline here. She will walk you through each step of the lash app process.
- Falsies with Magnets: Grab the lash band with the lash applicator and look into the mirror. Make magnetic contact between the inner lash magnet and the magnetic liner. Attach from the inner corner and move across to the outer corner of the lashes. Once the lashes are in place, press your natural lashes and the falsies together to ensure blending. Gently pull the magnetic lashes to make sure they don’t budge or pull away from the liner.
To Sum It Up
Falsies add drama and glam to your eyes without having to use mascara. They are easy to apply if you have the proper tools and instruction.
Doe Lashes has both regular and magnetic lashes for every eye shape. Our lashes are available in long dramatic and natural styles and are easy to apply. Don’t hesitate to apply your falsies. Our tutorial will walk you through the application process step-by-step to get that Doe-eyed look you crave!
Why You Always Need to Do a Patch Test Before Using a New Skin Care Product | Glamour
How To Use Cosmetics Safely Around Your Eyes | AAO