Doe Contest Rules
Sponsored by Doe Lashes, 4590 Macarthur Blvd, #500, Newport Beach, CA 92660
(“Sponsor” or “DOE”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
Promotion/Giveaway (the "DOE Giveaway") deadline will be posted on the each Instagram post related thereto. Entry terms are set forth on each DOE Instagram Giveaway post, and the entry period(s) (“Entry Period”) shall be set forth in each applicable posts. The DOE Giveaway shall usually require entrant to participate in the following manner, but participation rules shall vary from time to time and shall be set forth in each applicable post:
- Follow @doe.bby & any other handle provided within the post
- Like the photo posted for the giveaway
- Leave a comment based on the direction within the post
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the email address or Instagram account used. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by entrants becomes the property of DOE. Winners will be notified by Instagram direct message and/or email address provided, and shall have 24 hours to respond.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the United States (excluding RESIDENTS of OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO and OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES). Must be age 18 or older, unless other restrictions apply (and at least age of majority in state) at the time of entry. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
3. To Enter: Only one entry per person, per Prize, per household and/or e-mail address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. All entries must be received by the close of entry period. Profile must be public.
4. Selection of Winner: Prize winner will be randomly selected from all entries meeting the requirements of the Official Rules. Winner will be selected on or around 5 days after the deadline by 12:00 PM, PST. The drawing will be at the Doe Lashes headquarters in Newport Beach, California and will be conducted by independent judges whose decisions are final and binding. Winner will be notified by e-mail. DOE is not responsible for any change of email address or physical address of entrants. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail or via Instagram within twenty-four (24) hours of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within three (3) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. Prize(s): Prize(s) shall vary from time to time and shall be fully set forth in the Instagram post relating to said DOE Giveaway. DOE reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability, DOE may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of DOE for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. DOE will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
8. Consent: Participation in the Promotion constitutes consent to use entrant’s name, biographical information, image and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
9. General Rules: Participation in the DOE GIVEAWAY constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The DOE GIVEAWAY is offered by Sponsor, Doe Lashes, 4590 Macarthur Blvd, #500, Newport Beach, CA 92660, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning a prize, Winner releases DOE, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the DOE GIVEAWAY or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the DOE GIVEAWAY ; (ii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the DOE GIVEAWAY. DOE's decisions in all respects relative to the DOE GIVEAWAY are final. DOE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the DOE GIVEAWAY in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the DOE GIVEAWAY is compromised, without liability to the entrant. DOE reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by DOE in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply.
All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600.00 USD or more. Consult with your tax professional regarding potential tax implications. Should the Actual Retail Value of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number and necessary tax form to DOE for issuance of a 1099 Form.
By participating in the Promotion and accepting any prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless DOE, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including without limitation any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with the DOE Giveaway, including without limitation participation in any giveaway-related activity and/or possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. DOE's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of DOE and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
DOE reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. DOE further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Giveaway in the event the Giveaway is not capable of completion as planned.
ARBITRATION and WAIVER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES: As a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator located in Santa Ana, California; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event shall any award include attorney’s fees. Disputes arising from this Promotion, or any matter arising therefrom, whether direct or indirect, will be determined according to the laws of the State of California, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.